Impact Drivers are an important part of your work. Having a great impact driver and knowing how to properly use it can greatly speed your work. It can also make things a LOT easier. Just imagine all the fuss and trouble you would endure if you had to loosen an over-torqued bolt or nut by hand.
You need an Impact Driver that has the right power, has the features you need, is durable, and is always reliable. You may need a driver that is battery powered. Then how long the charge lasts can be a big factor in how your day goes.
Please see our big list of Best Cordless Impact Drivers on our comparison chart below. Here you can compare one top model with another to pinpoint the value that is best for you. As always, we link to the lowest prices on the Website.
Top 5 Best Impact Driver Recommendations
|Makita XDT042 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Impact Driver Kit|
|DEWALT DCF887D2 20V MAX XR Li-ion 2.0 Ah Brushless 0.25" 3-Speed Impact Driver Kit|
|Bosch PS41-2A 12-Volt Max Lithium-Ion 1/4-Inch Hex Impact Driver Kit with 2 Batteries, Charger and Case|
|DEWALT DCF885C2 20-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion 1/4-Inch 1.5 Ah Impact Driver Kit|
>>Read my full review about it!<<
|PORTER-CABLE PCCK640LB 20-volt 1/4-Inch Hex Lithium Ion Impact Driver Kit|
>>Read my full review about it!<<
- 1 Top 5 Best Impact Driver Recommendations
- 2 Top 5 best impact driver reviews 2016
- 2.1 1. Makita XDT042 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Impact Driver Kit
- 2.2 2. DEWALT DCF887D2 20V MAX XR Li-ion 2.0 Ah Brushless 0.25″ 3-Speed Impact Driver Kit
- 2.3 3. Bosch PS41-2A 12-Volt Max Lithium-Ion 1/4-Inch Hex Impact Driver Kit with 2 Batteries, Charger and Case
- 2.4 4. DEWALT DCF885C2 20-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion 1/4-Inch 1.5 Ah Impact Driver Kit
- 2.5 5. PORTER-CABLE PCCK640LB 20-volt 1/4-Inch Hex Lithium Ion Impact Driver Kit
- 3 Why Should You Select Impact Drivers At All?
- 4 Do you wanna learn how to buy the best impact driver? Read more to find out!
- 5 All The Types Of Impact Drivers
- 6 Cordless Impact Driver vs Corded Impact Driver Infographic
- 7 More Tips, Information and Guides
- 8 Conclusion
Top 5 best impact driver reviews 2016
1. Makita XDT042 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Impact Driver Kit
- The XDT042 generates the standard torque up to 1420, which could make or bore a big hole with only short bit.
- It is just 3.3 pounds in weight so that it could reduce the fatigue of users.
- With a powerful engine and long-life battery, user could use this device with strong power during a long time.
- A LED light help the process of driving and drilling more efficient in dark working areas.
- This model only operates at 120 voltage, which is the standard of outlet in USA.
- It could not be able to replace or place the lug nut from your car.
2. DEWALT DCF887D2 20V MAX XR Li-ion 2.0 Ah Brushless 0.25″ 3-Speed Impact Driver Kit
- Dewalt company has made brushless engine and 20 V batteries in XR Li Ion technology to provide more time of running and ability over a standard unit.
- With 3 settings of speed, this Dewalt version helps to optimize the application flexibility and versatility.
- 3 integrated LED lights, which have 20 seconds of delay after releasing the trigger, offer visibility for users in dark areas.
- It has a lightweight and compact form so that a user could work effectively without fatigue in any confined areas (2 mm smaller than the former Dewalt DCF886 model).
- The lifespan of battery is short compared to other similar devices.
- There is no charge indicator for the battery.
3. Bosch PS41-2A 12-Volt Max Lithium-Ion 1/4-Inch Hex Impact Driver Kit with 2 Batteries, Charger and Case
- It is designed with a compact and lightweight form, which is just 2 pounds in weight with a 5.4-inch head, the shortest one in this class.
- With 3 integrated LED lights, this device help to illuminate dark working areas for more efficient drilling process.
- This model of Bosch offers a perfect durability with nylon composite and durashield technology; it was designed to bear 25 drops from 12 feet high into the solid concrete.
- The bit is very loose if you are using a usual 1.5 inches bit in a tip.
4. DEWALT DCF885C2 20-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion 1/4-Inch 1.5 Ah Impact Driver Kit
Benefit of using Dewalt DCF885C2
Customers satisfaction and features of the Dewalt DCF885C2 indicate how much beneficial the product is! The unique features make the drilling driver so professional that you may not look for another model!
1. Built-in 3 LED Light: The driver has 3 built-in LED light so that you can work safely and watch what you are doing. Many of you do mistakes while creating holes and driving the screw in wrong place. Therefore, the 20-second delay starter light will help you in this case.
2. Energy Star Certified Battery Charger: As you know, Dewalt offers Energy Start Certified battery charger to charge the tool’s battery. The quality and standard of the charger is better for environment than other random chargers.
- Ergonomic Friendly Design & light weight body
- Slim handle covered by comfortable rubber layout
- 3-LED light for avoiding shadow
- One handed easy loading system with super fast motor
- Energy Star charger for a better environment
- No bit holder
- Lack of battery Life Indicator
>> So, work with the impact driver and finish your work fast because of faster power and durable motor.
5. PORTER-CABLE PCCK640LB 20-volt 1/4-Inch Hex Lithium Ion Impact Driver Kit
- High-Speed Motor: The first pros of the drilling machine will be its high-speed motor that gives nearly 900 rpm to the users. With speed variations, it has become easier to any user to select speed of work and feel comfortable while drilling.
- Battery Life Display: Another big advantage of using the drilling machine will be its battery life indicator display. Don’t forget that maximum drivers do not have any display for battery life. As this model has the display, it’s easier to know when you should charge the driver.
- Weight Compared to other Models: Although 3.2 pounds weight of the driver is regarded as lightweight, it is not. Still there are many driver kits which are lightweight than the driver.
>> Why don’t you take a look at our more detailed review of this product and get to know how it helps in your day to day job?
Why Should You Select Impact Drivers At All?
When something makes your life easy then it is a general tendency that you would choose the product regularly as it is very advantageous in doing so.
1. Understand the difference between the drills and impact driver: While drills can apply a constant torque and have excellent control across various speed ranges and settings, impact drivers can offer much powerful torque with potentially more linear force.
2. Handle them easily: Impact drivers can be handled easily without using too much force to turn them on/off or during operation. Without applying much force you can provide good torque.
3. RPM: The rotation force is provided by the momentum of the strike. Hence you can get better rpm with these impact drivers as compared to any ordinary drills.
4. Suitable for heavy duty: As the impact drivers have rapid bursts because of the linear force they apply when you operate them, they are very much suitable for any kind of heavy duty jobs.
5. Operates without clutches: People who have irritation with using clutches should be more happy now as these impact drivers can operate without them.
6. Has a quick release hex chuck: Hex chucks make your bits changing job a lot easier. You can just slide the outer ring, push it forward and drop the bit, slide and load it.
7. Throw some light: You can use these tools day and night as they are LED operated.
8. Wide range of utility: They can be used for both residential as well as commercial purpose. Whether it comes to woodworking or simply removing or tightening the nuts, these tools come handy.
9. Durability: Who does not want to save money on these impact drivers? Most of these tools are very durable. As you can replace the individual worn out parts, it can be easily used for longer term to help you fix all the necessary nut and bolt jobs.
10. Are they good for gearhead? You can save a lot of time with cordless impact drivers. These drivers are very much suitable for smaller engines as you can get the work done quickly. However, do not worry there are other variety impact drivers which are very much suitable for bigger gearheads.
Do you wanna learn how to buy the best impact driver? Read more to find out!
These step by step instructions help you learn how to buy the best impact driver which can be used for all purposes.
Step 1: Select the right torque: Impact drivers are equipped with overwhelming torque. Make sure that you select the ones which have a powerful torque just enough to drive long and short screws.
Step 2: There’s the driving screws: Buy those drivers which can make drills easily. Choose the one with optimal rpm so you can drill bigger holes with a smaller driver.
Step 3: Wanna try one handed driver? Try the one-handed which can balance the torque and its rpm. This is much better than the ones you operate with two hands as you will save some energy in trying to push too hard.
Step 4: Do you love to be loud? Impact drivers generally make loud noise just like heavy drummers in your ears. Try buying a hearing aid to prevent your ears.
Step 5: Easy to handle: Why do you want to stress you hands and arm when you can get superior quality impact drivers which can handle all the stress for you?
Step 6: Impact ready: You can buy the hex-shaft kit to prepare against any impact.
Step 7: Don’t be flattered by looks: Looks are most deceiving. Always consider impact drivers which transfer torque to and from motor to chuck. This can offer excellent shock resistance.
Step 8: Consider a combo: When you buy these accessories which go with impact drivers, it can cost you less. Hence make sure you combo the items such as hammer, drill, driver and few other tools when you buy your new impact driver.
All The Types Of Impact Drivers
Like any power tool, impact drivers come in a wide variety of shapes and sizes, purposes and specifications. Luckily, there aren’t a whole bunch. The list below contains the most popular types of impact drills as well as the lesser known ones. Read on to pick which one would suit you best for the job. Some are inexpensive, though a few of the motorized versions are going to cost significantly more than a typical electric driver or drill.
- Corded Impact Drivers The corded version features a power and torque comparable to the pneumatic version and is capable of working with large nuts and bolts like its cousins. The con is the electric motor itself; they’re typically pretty heavy and on top of that, you’ll need to work around the cord, which can hinder work productivity.
- Cordless Impact Drivers If you have a cordless version, you won’t need to worry about tangling things up but it won’t have the power that a corded version does. Granted, it will perform better than a standard electric, cordless driver, but it won’t be as powerful as its corded big brother.
Cordless Impact Driver vs Corded Impact Driver Infographic
More Tips, Information and Guides
I will share all the useful information that I know. Here are some of my Tips for you. I hope you like it:
- How to Use the Cordless Impact Driver?
- 7 should and should not do to with cordless impact driver
- How to Repair Cordless Impact Driver?
- How to Maintaining Your Impact Driver?
- How Does Battery Powered Impact driver work?
- Cordless drills/driver: lean, mean and loud
- 6 Safety Tips For Your Impact Driver
- Tips for selecting a right impact driver to purchase
While making your selection for the best impact driver, you need to consider various factors as described in this article. One other important factor you need to remember is understand the exact purpose of why you need to buy the impact driver and where exactly you need to use it. Once you figure out the exact purpose, then you will know which impact driver you must purchase. Most of the details are covered in our guides and we are happy to answer any new questions you may have apart from what we have explained on our site. If you get the most suitable model and brand of impact driver, then you will have an amazing experience working with your power tool. The neatness and preciseness of work you can do with your power tool is not comparable to any other repair work you may get outside by shedding lump sum money on the contractors. Besides that work satisfaction you get from these impact drivers are just priceless. Do your own research, take our help, stay safe and enjoy using the best power impact driver.